Covid Update: August 3, 2020
Image Source: fbe.org
We are back with the weekly update of the Covid-19 pandemic in Nepal. So without further ado, let’s get into the update:
Note: These updates stand correct as of 3rd August 2020. The further changes will be targeted in the next updates on Mondays. We will be doing these on a weekly basis.
General case updates of Nepal (till date):
Total number of RT-PCR tests done till date: 398,907
Total positive cases: 20,750
Total recovered cases: 14,961
Total active cases(in isolation): 5,732
Total deaths: 57
Despite the increase in the number of cases every day, the number of cases of recovery seems to be going up too. With the recovery rate as high as 71.8% we can expect better days. Also, let us not be careless, always maintain our distances and wear a proper mask.
1. In the last 24 hours, 51 people tested positive for Covid-19 inside the valley.
2. 27 Armed Police Force (APF) personnel have tested positive for Covid-19 in the Illam district.
3. More than 200 Traffic police are on high alert and precaution in Baggi khana as 2 traffic Police were tested positive for Covid-19.
4. 5 people lost their lives as they were caught in a landslide in Melamchi of Sindhupalchowk district. Only two of the dead have been identified.
5. Because of the increasing number of cases daily, the ministry of health and population has suggested the government to continue the odd even policy for both public and private vehicles. But the government has not given it’s decision on this matter yet.
6. The number of Indian people entering Nepal through the open border is increasing day by day which is increasing the risk of the virus in the Terai region.
7. Janakpur sub-metropolitan city will go under strict lockdown from today night for a week due to rise of the covid-19 cases. Similarly, Jhapa’s Birtamod City is also under lockdown.
See you in the update next Monday, have a safe week!
Total Views: 0