Image Source: fbe.org
We are back with the weekly update of the Covid-19 pandemic in Nepal. So without further ado, let’s get into the update:
Note: These updates stand correct as of 17th August 2020. The further changes will be targeted in the next updates on Mondays. We will be doing these on a weekly basis.
General case updates of Nepal (till date):
Total number of RT-PCR tests done till date: 5,39,427
Total positive cases: 27,241
Total recovered cases: 17,495
Total active cases(in isolation): 9,639
Total deaths: 107
Despite the increase in the number of cases every day, the number of cases of recovery seems to be going up too. With the recovery rate as high as 64.2% we can expect better days. Also, let us not be careless, always maintain our distances and wear a proper mask.
- In the last 24 hours, 168 people tested positive for Covid-19 inside the valley.
- Till date, there are 113 Covid-19 patients in ICU and 6 Covid-19 patients in ventilators in Nepal.
- Tribhuvan University has decided to close all the campuses and offices from today (17th August) until 31st August due to the rise of Covid-19 cases.
- Siraha district is under lockdown from the midnight of August 16th until August 31st. Similarly, Bara district has been issued a prohibitory order from today until further notice as Covid-19 cases have increased rapidly. Damak Municipality has also gone into lockdown for a week from August 16th. Likewise, the lockdown in Rautahat district has been extended till August 23.
- The Army has been deployed in Birgunj to enforce strict lockdown procedures.
- Footpath businesses, Gym halls, hair salons, tea shops should remain closed as per the notice issued by Kathmandu Metropolitan City Ward N0.10.
- Russia claimed to have produced the first batch of it’s Covid-19 Vaccine. The president of Russia Vladimir Putin’s announcement declared that Russia was the first country to approve a vaccine. However, the vaccine was cautioned by scientists and the World Health Organization who stated that the vaccine needed a careful safety review.
See you in the update next Monday, have a safe week!
Total Views: 1