Image Source: fbe.org
We are back with the weekly update of the Covid-19 pandemic, in Nepal. Let us begin without any disruptions.
Note: These updates stand correct as of 10th August 2020. The further changes will be targeted in the next updates on Mondays. We are doing these on a weekly basis.
General case updates of Nepal (till date):
Total number of RT-PCR tests done till date: 452,236
Total positive cases: 23,310
Total recovered cases: 13,493
Total active cases(in isolation): 6,738
Total deaths: 79
* We can still notice that the recovery rate is increasing. It might not sound right on paper, but it really feels good in the chest when people see other people recovering from the virus. Let us maintain the necessary discipline and flatten this as soon as possible.
* Researchers are developing 135+ vaccines and the number of vaccine that has been tested and approved till date are as follow:
Phase I: 18
Phase II: 12
Phase III: 7
1. According to the data of the Ministry of Home Affairs dated (25th Shrawan, 2077), 395,000 people were taken under control and released after counselling. 7,600 vehicles and 19,400 passengers were not allowed to enter the Kathmandu Valley. 137,000 vehicles were held for not following the rules while 5,300 vehicles were taken action for not following odd-even rule.
2. In CCMC passed on 25th Shrawan, it has been suggested that the long route transport and flight services should not be opened from Bhadra 1 and school admission should not be open now.
3. Mayors of Kathmandu Valley, on 26th Shrawan, 2077 have decided to shut down services other than most essential ones for three weeks.
4. Districts like Rautahat, Saptari, Bara, Parsa are in complete lockdown till further notice.
Indian Army has gifted 10 ICU ventilators to the Nepal Army as announced by the Embassy of India.
See you in the update next Monday, have a safe week!
Total Views: 0