Image Source: fbe.org
We are back with the weekly update of the Covid-19 pandemic in Nepal. So without further ado, let’s get into the update:
Note: These updates stand correct as of 24th August 2020. The further changes will be targeted in the next updates on Mondays. We will be doing these on a weekly basis.
General case updates of Nepal (till date):
Total number of RT-PCR tests done till date: 610,678
Total positive cases: 32,678
Total recovered cases: 18,806
Total active cases(in isolation): 13,715
Total deaths: 157
Despite the increase in the number of cases every day, the number of cases of recovery seems to be going up too. With the recovery rate as high as 57.5% we can expect better days. Also, let us not be careless, always maintain our distances and wear a proper mask.
- In the last 24 hours, 743 people tested positive for Covid-19 and 8 deaths.
- About 4,64,216 people were taken under control and released for not wearing masks.
- Out of 77 districts, 47 districts have implemented prohibition out of which 34 districts have strict tenure and 13 have only locked out a few places within the district.
- An organisation called ‘Save The Children’ handed 7+ mechanical ventilators with a total worth exceeding 1 crore to the Ministry of Health and Population on August 23, 2020.
- National Human Rights demanded to take action against anyone who tries to discriminate or abuse medical personnel in any kind of way. MoHP has asked to immediately arrest them and take action against them if reported.
See you in the update next Monday, have a safe week!
Total Views: 0