This is the second version of the regular sports news that we are covering regularly from this week. In this news, we cover the overall brief news of the sporting activities that go around the world in the past week. Right now, we are doing on the two major sports in the world, Football and Cricket. Let’s check it out. Football: [caption id="attachment_3594" align="aligncenter" width="564"] Photo Courtesy: Google[/caption]
- Real Madrid got their hands to the Club World Cup Trophy whose final was held on 21/12/2014. Goals from Gareth Bale and Sergio Ramos were enough to clinch the title. With the current form, they seem just unstoppable as they continue their winning streak to 22 games in a row.
- While in the Spanish La liga, Real Madrid are no different. They currently sit on top of the table with 1 point lead over Barcelona along with a game to spare. However, Barcelona are not less superior as they thrashed Cordoba by a mammoth 5-0 score.
- The Story of premier league is somewhat more exciting. Manchester United settled for a 1-1 draw with Aston villa to put a break to their 6 games winning streak. Manchester City thrashed Crystal Palace 3-0 to level with the top seated Chelsea with 1 game advantage to Chelsea. In a thrilling game between Liverpool and Arsenal, the final score was 2-2 as Martil Skrtel scored late goal to rescue Liverpool at their Home. Everybody is looking forward to the weekday Chelsea fixture on Tuesday.
- In the German Bundesliga, Bayern Munich maintained their dominance by winning Mainz by 2-1 thanks to a late score from Arjen Robben. The last year 2nd placed team Borussia Dortmund’s woe continues as they lost 10th of the last 17 games to sit at the relegation zone.
- Juventus and Marseille sit on top of Italian Serie A and French Ligue 1 respectively.
- In the Adelaide 4 test series between Australia and India, Australia Lead 2-0 as Mitchell Johnson took4 wickets that lead a 4-wickets win in the second test.
- South Africa took a 1-0 lead in the 3 test series with West Indies by a massive 220 runs as Hasim Amla scored massive 208 runs.
- New Zealand won the ODI series with Pakistan by 3-2 as New Zealand won the last match by 68 runs thanks to a 97 from the KIWI cap K Williamson.