Picture Courtesy: foodmatters.tv
Lemon is a citrus food. It is yellow and green in color. It is used for culinary and non-culinary purposes all over the world. There are lots of benefits of lemon in human health. The health benefit of lemon includes treatment of throat infection, indigestion, constipation, dental problems, fever, internal bleeding, etc. Some other benefits of consumption of lemons are:
- Lemon juice helps to increase perspiration due to which the body temperature comes under control and fever can be subsidized.
- Lemon is used in dental problems. Lemon juice, when used in the area of a toothache helps to reduce the pain. Also by massaging your gums with fresh lemon juice, gum bleeding can be stopped and bad odor coming from your mouth can be prevented.
- Lemon when applied to the scalp of your head, helps to treat problems like dandruff, hair loss. Also, it gives a natural shine to your hair.
- Lemon juice, when applied in the area of burn, reduces burning sensation.
- Lemon juice mixed with honey and lukewarm water helps in reducing the weight of a person.
- Being a blood purifier, lemon juice is used for the treatment of cholera and malaria as well.
- For people suffering from heart diseases and high blood pressure drinking lemon juice is very helpful.
- Lemon juice is also useful to reduce stress and depression.
Lemon is a very useful fruit. It has a lot of health benefits and is tasty as well. So, eat lemons and stay healthy. Or as the saying goes, “If life hands you lemons, make lemonade.” After all, lemonades are healthy too.