Life is all about telling stories. We are sharing stories in one form or the other every moment. Even computer programs that we write are stories of some variables, functions, class or object. Books are one of the best available tool that can help us understand these stories better.
Books are a very good source of knowledge but are not only limited to giving us academic knowledge only .They can be our lens and headphones that will help us listen and see the world around us where people are sharing stories in different form in different ways.
Most of us have heard the story of lord Krishna (Hindu god). It is quite amazing to discover what he has to say. What does any of this has to do with reading books? Well reading books will make us wonder what would same story sound when it is told from someone else's perspective. Maybe that’s the reason why a person named Krishna Dharabasi wrote a book called “Radha” which maybe be Radha’s version of story of Lord Krishna.
Reading a book may change how we look at and through things by just a degree. But that single degree shall change how we look at things and can be factor that will flip our life around.
(Opinion by Dipesh Poudel)
One sentence stories from Book Club Members and guest readers:
- He went to his job with uniform but only uniform returned home. (Dipesh Poudel)
- A man worked and worked and still had nothing. (Dipal Malla)
- “Wrong number!” said a familiar voice.(Suraj Regmi)
- It’s funny how, all the things I was bullied for as a kid have made me into a better man today. (Kundan Shumsher Rana)
- He started running until reaching the finish line, but only to realize he was already an old man. (Sushil Awale)