Picture Courtesy: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/herbs-and-spices/health-benefits-of-garlic.html
Garlic grows in many parts of the world and it is used for cooking purposes. It has good smell and tastes delicious. It can be found in several forms like powder, paste, cloves, garlic extract and garlic oil. Garlic contains vitamins, minerals, calcium, carbohydrate, protein, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, and also antioxidants which are necessary for all human beings. But it does not contain any cholesterol.
There are many benefits of taking garlic. Some of them are as follows:
- It helps to cure heart diseases like high blood pressure (hypertension), low blood pressure (hypotension), and heart attack.
- It helps to maintain the cholesterol level. Regular garlic supplements reduce high cholesterol level.
- High amounts of garlic supplementation increase antioxidant enzymes and helps to reduce blood pressure.
- Garlic contains antioxidants which help to protect cell damage and age-related diseases.
- Garlic supplements reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Garlic consumer has a lower risk of diseases like Alzheimer’s and Dementia, depression and different types of cancer like colon cancer, prostate cancer, and stomach cancer.
- Garlic contains a high amount of Vitamin B6. Regular garlic supplementation helps to the improve immune system and it is very efficient for the growth and formation of new cells.
- Garlic contains Vitamin C which prevents Scurvy and it is essential for growth and maintenance of collagen which includes nail and hair.
- Garlic contains a high amount of iodine which helps to cure a hyperthyroid problem.
- It also helps to minimize the bone loss problem in females by increasing the hormone like estrogen.
- Garlic helps babies to gain weight when they are in the womb of a mother.
- It also reduces fatigue and enhances our working capacity.
If we are able to include garlic regularly in our food then there will be less chance of diseases like blood pressure, cancer, tuberculosis, whooping cough, asthma, gastric, diarrhea, bronchitis, Alzheimer’s, joint pain, congestion and helps to live a happy longer life.
Garlic is a well-known food supplement found everywhere in the world which contain almost all the nutrient essential for human health. Generally, it used in foods to make it tasty but it is also used to cure different diseases.